Thursday 23 May 2013

I did it!

Just a quick post to let you know that last week I passed my PhD Viva.
Yep, I am now Doctor Chris Chapman!















The Viva was very stressful, and I received a real grilling on my thesis. Sometimes it felt like the examiners had read my mind, made a list of things I didn't know, and decided to ask me about all of them! When they asked me to step outside while they made their decision I really didn't know which way it would go, which led to the longest 5 minutes wait of my life. But in the end, they passed me, subject to Minor corrections (see my previous post on the PhD process for an explanation of this). So, I've now got 3 months to make the changes to my thesis, but I intend to get this done a lot sooner, and put it to bed.
All of this explains the lack of blog posts, but I'm hoping to get something up in the next week. So if there's anything you'd like me to write about, leave me a comment below.
Cheers!

1 comment: